Sunday, February 19, 2012

Valentine's Day (Day 162)


Happy Valentine’s Day! So I spent the evening with the most awesome people in the world-Atrium Village Residents. I went tonight thinking of it as a chance to do more extra credit, get house points, and hang out with my friends. Once I got there, however, it became something more. I spent the evening with Propser, Jason, Kennedy, and Jamilla talking, eating, dancing, and socializing with people 50 and 60 decades older than me. We danced to music from the 40s through 90s, including Michael Jackson, the electric slide, the Cha Cha slide, celebrate, and the YMCA. The most memorable part was when Mort, a guy I sat across from all night who refused to dance, got up to dance with his daughter and granddaughter, who wouldn’t even dance with us. As they danced to, “It’s a wonderful world” I was thinking about all of the chances I missed to dance with my Pop Pop while he could walk and hope I can still dance with my dad when he is that age.

No comments:

Post a Comment