Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Hamlet mock trial (Day 156)

So we did a mock trial of Hamlet in AP English and it was actually really fun. We had a defense team, a prosecution, 5 judges, and 7 witnesses. Mr. Parker also came in and got to watch and read the medical examiner part. He was really witty and I actually enjoyed myself. Besides minor annoying people always calling out, it was very life-like and entertaining. I also felt like I learned more about Hamlet by going through the text looking for specific details that would make him guilty. Of course they found him guilty of the murder of Polonius. But it was engaging and I found myself losing track of time. I was King Hamlet, a ghost that appeared to his son and I had to show up in court and explain my position on the events leading up to the murder. I also had to explain that I was a ghost and should be taken seriously, although I had serious doubts my testimony was taken seriously. J There were many comical parts during the trial, including my short-term marriage to Alyssa (Gertrude) and the demonstration of the murder with a fake sword and a bed sheet.

No comments:

Post a Comment