Wednesday, February 8, 2012

JAM (Day 146)

I didn’t go to church today because I promised I would go to JAM tonight. JAM is my youth group at my old church that I used to go to. JAM stands for Jesus and Me. I don’t know who came up with the title and I think it’s kind of babyish now. I mean when I was younger I thought it was really clever but now we don’t even say Jesus and me. We all call it Jam. It is always fun because we get there at 6:30 every Sunday night and play a game at 7 and then at 7:45 we get a snack and then have bible study until 8:30 when we leave. And now we have like 20 kids in the group. We gained a lot when the ICY-G (Immigrant Children’s Youth Group) came. All of them are from Vietnam and they speak Vietnamese which is really cool because they teach us a lot about their culture. My friend Nhi’s parents are Buddhist but she is Christian. It took a lot of convincing for her to come to Jam but now she does and it is really cool to be able to meet someone that has lived in another country.

No comments:

Post a Comment