Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Calculus! (Day 154)

I got a 5/9 on my AP question today. It was really nice to finally get a high score. The question wasn’t that hard today which was good so I got part A and B perfect. It was a pumping station and a tide removal at a beach with two equations, R(t)=2+5sin(4πt/25) and S(t)=15t/1+3t with 2500 yards of sand initially there. Part A was asking about how much sand was being removed during a 6 hour interval. So all you have to do is∫ from 0-6 of equation A which equals 31.82 cubic yards. Part B was asking the expression for y(t) or the total number of cubic yards during time, t. That was y(t)=2500-∫ from 0-t of equation A+∫ from 0 to t of equation B. I didn’t get part C which asked the rate or part D which asked the time when the sand was at a minimum. I was really impressed with my score though. I am going to get an A this quarter!!

No comments:

Post a Comment