Sunday, January 8, 2012

Walk 2 moons (Day 108)

“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away and you have their shoes.” I don’t know why but I really like this quote and it somehow reminds me of a book I read in sixth grade in Sacred Heart called “Walk Two Moons” by Sharon Creech. It is about the struggle of 13-year-old Salamanca (Sal) to understand her mother’s disappearance unfolded when she takes a cross-country road trip with her eccentric grandparents and she tells them the story of her friend Phoebe whose mom also left home but in reality, it is her own story. It was an awesome book. I remember my English teacher in 6th grade was a guy named Mr. Sullivan. He was cool and I remember I learned a lot from him. For some reason, I have always learned better from male English teachers than female teacher. Except Mr. Avara…

No comments:

Post a Comment