Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Happy Birthday Duker! (Day 126)

Happy 10th birthday Duke! So today my baby is finally in double digits. So I am going to tell his story. Remember I told Yogi’s story on the first day of the blog? Well its Duke’s turn. We got Duke in 2006 or 2007. Right after our old dog Sidney, a yellow Labrador, died. We had another dog, Buddy, as well and they were the best of friends, but shortly after, Buddy died of cancer and then we got Yogi. Duke was 5 and he had been in the shelter for several months. He was left in the shelter we think because he had seizures and the people who had him before didn’t want to deal with him constantly running away. He is one of the happiest dogs I know. Legit. He would be happy to just go outside with someone throwing the ball all day every day. He has this little OCD thing with the ball, also. He has to have it near him all the time and he gets very upset when his mean sister, Lily, takes it from him. But he is my favorite. I’ve known him the longest and he and I are very alike. Plus, he is always around to cuddle with.

No comments:

Post a Comment