Friday, October 14, 2011

Pretty Princess (Day 39)

Funny story about this hat. It was for my birthday in July, and my best friends Hannah and Becky always throw me a party at camp since I am there and have always been there for my birthday. This year they begged me to let them throw a princess themed party. And of course I said no-I just wanted a regular day. But they did it anyway. And it started off good because I got to ride one of the horses nobody had ridden yet, down to lunch-Dusty (a trail ride). And little did we know that he was TERRIFIED of water. Of course I had to ride by the lake. But he was fine until I tied him to the tree and girls started coming near him. He freaked out and we had to sit with him in the grass away from the other people. Then after a dance party consisting of nearly 100 girls for my birthday, and I rode him back up. Then, back in the arena, I hopped on the other horse that I love-Monty. He has been there since I was 9 and I always loved him. Probably because he has narcolepsy and doesn’t fight me when I get newer girls on him. Well nobody told me they had loosened the girth (the thing that keeps the saddle from sliding-it hooks around their belly) and I started cantering on him (cantering is the gait above trot. Its walk, trot, canter, and gallop) He took the corner too fast and I slipped right off the side and landed right on my hip. That meant they had to call the ambulance and I was in the emergency room for my birthday. But I was mainly fine, just sore, with a back contusion. But I got back on another horse 2 weeks later (only to be thrown off again) but that’s a story for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment