Saturday, October 29, 2011

MDC3 (Day 47)

I went with my Dad and Nick to the Maryland Cyber Crime Challenge (MDC3) at the Convention center in Baltimore City today. It was mostly just watching high school, college, and professional teams try and hack into a server and get to be the first one with all 7 parts unavailable. Sponsors of the convention had small booths set up in the hallway to try and get students to go and work with them. Nick and I mostly went and got the free things that were handed out, like pens and key chains, but also mouse pads and candy, and we got to sign up to win a free I-pad or Xbox. We also got like 13 cards that had 3 free song downloads on them, which was pretty funny because people kept asking us if we had heard of SAIC and we kept saying no, and they gave us 2 free cards. We ended up with 39 free songs. Ironically, my mom works for SAIC, so I really should know about it. And my dad was trying to scold us, but he ended up with 8 cards of his own. Plus, we got a metro day pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment