Friday, September 9, 2011

Drexel letter 9-7-11



So in the mail today came a letter from Drexel. Now I wasn't too enthused when it first came because I assumed it was just another college letter asking me to consider their college so they can take my money. But I opened it anyway and found a surprise. Not only did it tell me that I was a "VIP Applicant," but also that I was automatically considered for a scholarship, would have no application fee, (even though they are registered for thecommonapp.org) and I would not have to write a long college essay, but a short personal statement. My mom was overly enthused…as moms tend to do, and she told me that it was a really good school. “Pop Pop got his masters degree from Drexel back in the day. In Physics.” So of course he would demand that I went and learned just like he did. But I am in no way interested in Physics, or anything scientific. So…I realize that I have a lot to do before I can choose the right college, and I also have a great deal of scholarships that need to be applied for. But that’s what AVID is for, right? J

No comments:

Post a Comment