Saturday, March 3, 2012

Black History Month Assembly (Day 177)

We had the black history month assembly today and I think that it went really well even though it was our first assembly ever. The students in the audience even paid attention and laughed when they were supposed to. And I was super proud of myself and Jalinh when we hit Mrs. Harris with the supersoakers. I swear I thought I was going to miss and be really upset, but I didn’t! And let me tell you…that supersoaker was extremely powerful. I was afraid that if I missed I would blind her. But thankfully Jalinh and I both hit her (even though Jalinh got me as well J) and the entire assembly went smoothly, minus the problems with the lights and sound and timing. I learned a lot more about black history than I knew before including the invention of ice cream, the type writer, the egg beater, the fire extinguisher, and the lawn mower. I hope the students learned a lot as well and I hope that we can have another one, even though I won’t be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment